While at the zoo recently with my little crew, I saw many mamas, and papas, carrying around wee little babes. Sure, they had strollers with them, but their babes were in their arms - not in the strollers. I was hands free, able to navigate myself through the crowds of people, sans stroller, and enjoy the zoo with my two older children while the littlest of the three was snuggled safely and comfortably against my chest. Yes, I have been to the zoo before and pushed a stroller or pulled a wagon behind me, but I have to admit, this way was far more ideal!
It got me to thinking about why I do this. Why I wrap a wonderfully, comfy, piece of cloth around me and snuggle my baby inside. Why I endure the stares and whispers while also enjoying the questions from mamas wanting to know more and obtain a wonderfully, comfy, piece of cloth for themselves.
So I came up with a list!
Here are my top 10 reasons why I babywear:
10. Keeps me hands free
9. Allows my little one to feel safe and comfortable
8. Provides a wonderful bonding experience between me and my little babe
7. Keeping her close and being able to kiss her little head so easily
6. The constant snuggles
5. Peace of mind
4. Nursing on the go
3. Babies like to be held and I am providing a natural environment to be able to do so
and tend to my other daily duties
2. It instantly calms a fussy baby
1. Watching her fall asleep and feeling her heart beating against mine
Do you babywear? Want to follow our babywearing journey through the lens of my iphone? Then follow me on instagram here. But beware - I post a lot of photos!
Linking up with Lydia
“When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” ~ Psalm 94:18-19