Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas {recipe}

I love Enchiladas! Next to Lasagna, it is one of my favorite meals! When I came across the following recipe on Food.com, I knew I had to give it a try. {and boy am I glad I did!}

Photobucket
Recipe from Food.com

What you will need:

1 lb. chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil {i just used extra virgin olive oil since it was all I had on hand}
8 flour tortillas {i used whole wheat ones and they were excellent!}
1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese {i used a blend of monterey jack and cheddar}
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
Scallions for garnish (optional)

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400*

In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil until chicken is no longer pink

Divide cooked chicken evenly between the 8 tortillas; sprinkle about 1 Tbsp. of the cheese into each tortilla

Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray

Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently

Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas

Top with remaining cheese and bake at 400* for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly

** I cut up a few scallions and sprinkled them over the top of mine and hubby's. It was absolutely delicious! The kids even liked it!

Photobucket

Linking up with:

FEED ME Thursdays

 
Photobucket
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, ~ Galatians 5:22

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, those look so good! I should not be looking at recipes when I'm ready for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my girl, we'll be trying this recipe soon! Yum! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi"!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas {recipe}

I love Enchiladas! Next to Lasagna, it is one of my favorite meals! When I came across the following recipe on Food.com, I knew I had to give it a try. {and boy am I glad I did!}

Photobucket
Recipe from Food.com

What you will need:

1 lb. chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil {i just used extra virgin olive oil since it was all I had on hand}
8 flour tortillas {i used whole wheat ones and they were excellent!}
1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese {i used a blend of monterey jack and cheddar}
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
Scallions for garnish (optional)

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400*

In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil until chicken is no longer pink

Divide cooked chicken evenly between the 8 tortillas; sprinkle about 1 Tbsp. of the cheese into each tortilla

Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray

Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently

Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas

Top with remaining cheese and bake at 400* for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly

** I cut up a few scallions and sprinkled them over the top of mine and hubby's. It was absolutely delicious! The kids even liked it!

Photobucket

Linking up with:

FEED ME Thursdays

 
Photobucket
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, ~ Galatians 5:22

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, those look so good! I should not be looking at recipes when I'm ready for lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my girl, we'll be trying this recipe soon! Yum! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...